So, I officially upgraded several of my blogs, not this one, to WordPress 2.3. All I did was deactivate the plugins, upload the files and hit the upgrade.php link. All went smoothly, surprisingly. However, the other blogs were relatively low key and low weight, so I’m still hesitating on the upgrade here.
Also, let’s give a hearty congratulations to Lester Chan (GamerZ) for updating all of his plugins to WordPress 2.3 Compatibility.
Here’s a Long list of New and Updated plugins, as always, don’t forget to check against any of your plugins against the WordPress community 2.3 Plugin Compatibility List before upgrading.. The plugins below “should” all be compatible, but check the community list for a double check.
- WordPress Upgrade Preflight Check – “Upgrade Preflight Check is a plugin that will attempt to check your other plugins and themes for problems that may cause errors when upgrading to WordPress 2.3. Run this before upgrading and it may save some headaches. It works in version 2.3 too and may be useful to help identify the cause of errors.”
- WP-DownloadManager 1.00 – From GamerZ – Adds a simple download manager to your WordPress blog.
- WP-PluginsUsed 1.00 – From GamerZ – Display WordPress plugins that you currently have (both active and inactive) onto a post/page
- Archives By Category – Creates a link list of posts sorted by category and ordered by title alphabetically
- aNobii WordPress Widget – aNobii WordPress Widget ia a WordPress widget which shows randomly the covers of some books from your aNobii’s shelf.
- WP Admin Links – Provides a template tag and a sidebar widget that display a drop-down list with links to admin pages that the user has access to.
- Classy wp_list_pages – Adds a uniqe class or ID attribute to each LI tag generated by wp_list_pages() allowing them to be individually styled with CSS.
- Favicon Manager – Manage the favicon image for your WordPress installation.
- TDO Mini Forms – This plugin allows you to add a form to your website that allows your readers (including non-registered) to submit posts.
- CommentLuv – Appends a titled link to the authors last blog post on their comment giving back some luv to the people that join your discussion.
- Correctly Spell WordPress – Simple plugin to never write again WordPress, Word Press or whatever. One word, capital W and P, it’s WordPress!
- IP 2 Nation – Guesses your visitor’s Country from his IP
- zLinks – A clickable icon for every post, comment and embedded link leads to additional semantic Web and related data resources.
- Auto Moderate Comments – When a post gets old, instead of simply closing the discussion, send comments and trackbacks to the moderation queue.
- Avatar Popup – Add CSS popups next to mailto links or next to any word. Can be any custom image, and has gravatar support.
- Better Feed – Enhance feed items with anything: ads, copyright, “Add to delicious”, “Read More (400 words)” links…
- Click Counter – How many people click on your links ? Track clicks: link popularity, download counter, etc…
- FAQ Auto Responder – Have a blog where readers often ask the same questions ? Give the Auto Responder a try and save support time!
- Who Sees Ads ? – Manage your ads. Define under what condition they will show (visitor from search engine, old post..). Make more money.
- Sabre – Sabre is an acronym for Simple Anti Bot Registration Engine. It’s a set of counter measures against spam registration on your blog.
- WP_Boilerplate – Add “Boiler Plate” text to your post, helping you to avoid having to retype the same instructions etc in different posts.
- Jiglu Auto-tagging widget – Automatically tags and links a WordPress blog.
- TIL Technorati Incoming Links – This plugin allows you to add again the Technorati Incoming Links to your dashboard (in WordPress 2.3 or later)
- Tags4page – This plugin allows you to insert tags to pages too and not only to posts
Recently Updated Popular (500 or more downloads) Plugins:
- cforms II – contact form – cforms II is an extremely customizable, flexible & powerful contact form plugin.
- wordTube – wordTube is your Media Center plugin for WordPress.
- HeadSpace2 – A meta-data manager that controls almost every aspect of your site’s meta-data, including full tag/keyword support. Perfect for SEO!
- All in One SEO Pack – Optimizes your WordPress blog for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization).
- Popularity Contest – Which of your posts/pages are most popular?
- Comment Timeout – Closes comments on blog entries after a user-configurable period of time, with an option to make allowances for active discussions.
- Post Teaser – Post Teaser generates excerpts of posts for the main, archive and category pages, also generate a word count, image count, and estimated reading time.
- AWSOM News Announcement – AWSOM News Announcement allows you to post a news announcement in the area above your posts (or anywhere else you want)
- Google Analytics for WordPress – The Google Analytics for WordPress plugina automatically tracks and segments all outbound links from within posts, comment author links
- Peter’s Custom Anti-Spam – Stop a lot of spambots from polluting your site by making visitors identify a custom word displayed as an image before commenting.
- Dashboard Editor – With this plugin you can remove sections of the dashboard, add new code, or even add Sidebar Widgets.
- Post Notification – With each new post an email is sent to every registered User in the Database. The email can be text or HTML.
- WP-PostRatings – Adds an AJAX rating system for your WordPress blog’s post/page.
- WP-Sticky – Adds a sticky post feature to your WordPress’s blog.
- WP-UserOnline – Enable you to display how many users are online on your WordPress blog with detailed statistics.
- WP-Stats – Display your WordPress blog statistics. Ranging from general total statistics, some of my plugins statistics and top 10 statistics.
- WP-Print – Displays a printable version of your WordPress blog’s post/page.
- WP-Polls – Adds an AJAX poll system to your WordPress blog. You can also easily add a poll into your WordPress’s blog post/page.
- WP-PostViews – Enables you to display how many times a post/page had been viewed.
- WP-PageNavi – Adds a more advanced paging navigation your WordPress blog.
- WP-EMail – Allows people to recommend/send your WordPress blog’s post/page to a friend
- WP-DBManager – Manages your WordPress database
- WP-Ban – Ban users by IP, IP Range, host name and referer url from visiting your WordPress’s blog.
- WPG2 – WPG2 is a WordPress Plug-in that embeds Gallery2 within WordPress to share photos, videos and any other Gallery2 content seamlessly into WordPress.
- TinyMCE Advanced – Enables most of the advanced features of TinyMCE, the WordPress WYSIWYG editor.
K2 Theme Updates:
K2 Release Candidate 2 – “Go grab your copy of RC2. I’m hoping this’ll fix the SBM reordering problems. For now though, please be aware that IE7 might still have problems. And of course, if you’re an IE7 expert and you have some time on your hands, let me know, cuz we could sure use your help.”
Related WordPress Posts: