WordPress 2.3 is here. As I said previously, I’m going to wait on the WordPress 2.3 Upgrade. Now that it’s out there are a few confirmed failed upgrades out there. There was little time in between the RC1 and the Final release. The release itself appeared to have come later in the evening on the release date. Thankfully, there have been some massive movements to get everything up to speed. Also, I’m thankful to the GetK2 bunch for updating the K2 Theme to RC1 and WordPress 2.3 ready.
Below are posts, plugins and more all relating to 2.3…
Posts about the Upgrade (Preparation, Information and Updates):
- Preparing for 2.3 (WordPress Development)
- Tags Arrive on WordPress.com Blogs (Lorelle on WordPress)
- Upgrading to WordPress 2.3 Dexter (Weblog Tools Collection)
- WordPress 2.3 Released (GamerZ.WordPress)
- Diary Of An Attempted WordPress 2.3 Update (Footsteps in the Mirror)
- Preparing for WordPress 2.3: Launching Tomorrow (BloggingPro)
- WordPress 2.3 Launches (BlogSolid)
- WordPress 2.3 Preparation (Aiming for Independence)
- WordPress 2.3: Don’t upgrade, INSTANT UPGRADE (Aiming for Independence)
- Disable WordPress Plugin Updates – Disables the plugin update checking and notification system.
- Page Category Plus – Plugin that allows for pages to be assigned categories in the same manner as posts.
- TDO Mini Forms* – This plugin allows you to add a form to your website that allows your readers (including non-registered) to submit posts.
- obsocialbookmarker* – Add social book barker icons and links at the bottom of each post: Digg, del.icio.us, etc.
- Exclude Pages from Navigation* – This plugin adds a checkbox, “include this page in menus”, uncheck this to exclude pages from the page navigation that users see on your site.
*No Mention of WordPress 2.3 Compatibility
Important Plugins Updated for WordPress 2.3:
- Full Text Feed – Full Text Feed undos this functionality, allowing your feeds to contain the full text regardless of “more'” usage
- Sideblog WordPress Plugin – A simple aside plugin.
- WP-DB-Backup – On-demand backup of your WordPress database.
- GeneralStats – Counts the number of users, categories, posts, comments, pages, links, tags, link-categories, words in posts, words in comments and words in pages.
- TimeZoneCalculator – Calculates different times and dates in timezones with respect to daylight saving on basis of utc.
- Google Sitemap Generator for WordPress – This plugin will create a Google sitemaps compliant XML-Sitemap of your WordPress blog.
- WP-Table – This plugin creates and manages html tables for wordpress.
- Post Notification – With each new post an email is sent to every registered User in the Database. The email can be text or HTML.
- WordPress Navigation Tool (NAVT) – Create, organize and manage your WordPress menus and navigation lists by logically grouping your pages, categories, users via a drag’n drop interface.
- WPG2 – WordPress / Gallery2 Integration – WPG2 is a WordPress Plug-in that embeds Gallery2 within WordPress to share photos, videos and any other Gallery2 content seamlessly into WordPress.
- wordTube – wordTube is your Media Center plugin for WordPress
- Category Page – Connect pages with one or more Category, and use them as introduction on category archives.
- Advanced Tag Entry 1.02 for WordPress – Plugin for WordPress 2.3 that enhances tag entry on post edit screens.
- How to get Development Version Of My Plugins (All of GamerZ.Wordpress Plugins)
- Thirteen “Lesser Known” Helpful WordPress Plugins (Colloquium)
My Recent Related Posts:
- Preparing for WordPress 2.3 – Must Read
- New WordPress Plugins and Prep for the big WordPress 2.3 Upgrade – Part 2
- WordPress Plugins, Updates and WordPress 2.3 Posts